Hello Beautiful People ♥
I am writing this post on a very quiet night, this moment calls for a cup of coffee but I do not like coffee, coffee can literally keep me up for the longest hours at night and as a person who loves her sleep, I just stay away from coffee…
So, let us talk about a vision board!
I am sure a lot of you have heard of “this idea” at some point in your life but perhaps never really put it into a good thought. I for one have known about vision boards for a very long time and I finally created one of my own this year. What I am about to say will sound peculiar but “A vision board really works wonders”, it has been such a short time since I had mine but it has helped me to take action toward my goals.
so, What is a vision board? “A vision board is simply a display of images and/or quotes that reminds you on a daily basis to focus and take action on the things you want to achieve in your life”
I read a lot on it before making one of my own and I realized that a bold emphasis is being put on the fact that vision boards are difficult to work on due to goals not having to manifest as quickly as one desires, therefore people tend to dismiss everything that they once believed that they will one day achieve.
The excitement that goes into creating a vision board is the same excitement one has at the beginning of the year while setting “new year resolution goals”, you tend to dwell in joy and find a sense of fulfillment with an incredible faith that everything will be achieved one day.
Prior to completing my own vision board I had an affirmation application that I downloaded just after reading the book “The power of your subconscious Mind By Joseph Murphy“. The affirmation application was like any other typical application that had daily phrases that I had to say out loud, whether default or custom affirmation quotes. I got the hang of it and funny enough; my custom quotes were all the things that are now currently on my vision board. The only difference was a shift from words to images.
Why do you need to create a vision board?
Every single person has a vision board stuck in their mind somewhere but with all the things happening in our daily lives that exhaust us physically,emotionally and psychologically,we tend to blur that vision and never really focus on it as we have to. There is a lot going on in our lives and who has time to go to the gym even when you badly want to shed a few kilos? But waking up every single morning to be reminded of the things you want to accomplish really propels one to make time and take action which is the main aim of board.
A few more reasons to make a vision board is that:
- We all have tried to keep a list somewhere but ended up stashing inside a book and eventually forgotten about it.
- We cannot work on goals that only exists in our heads.
- We are all quick to say “I want to…” and comfortable to say ” I will get…: but never ready to “Put action into…”
- We are all surrounded by negative people with little minds who are there to belittle our dreams so it is easy to trash our goals due to the negativity we are surrounded by.
- The say a vision board is the key to the law of attraction, why not give it a go? you have nothing to lose 🙂
Telling yourself that you want to achieve something is a good idea, keeping that at the back of your mind is totally trashing it away, having friends to remind you of that goal is a little something and they will eventually get tired but looking at that goal every morning and night is sure a fuel to keep you on your toes and take action in attracting what you desire to achieve.
How do you create a vision board?
- There really isn’t a proper way to create a vision board,what is very important is to firstly do a deep self introspection and think clearly on what you really want to accomplish.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and work around them.
- Understand your short term goals and long term goals.
- Get pictures that depict your goals and paste them on a board/chart ” Be creative”.
- Keep the board where you can see it every morning and night.
- Reflect on it daily by affirmation or prayer.
- Take action and do not give up!!
Here is an example of a vision board that I just created online 🙂
I hope you enjoyed the post 🙂 Please do let me know on the comment section what your vision board comprises of and if you have not done it yet, what do you think of the idea?
Don’t forget to subscribe ♥ to comment first click the ♥ icon at the top left of the post.